Last modified: September 7, 2021
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.micropowders.com (our " Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Micro Powders or any third party; or
- Any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, order any samples through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, company name (if provided), shipping address, country of residence, e-mail address, and telephone number ("personal information");
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as log information, IP address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, internet service provider, and Website interactions and browser history).
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information, which cannot be used to identify you individually.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of you use the forms available on our Website, such as the Contact Us form or when you request product samples. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- In connection with any legitimate interest we may have.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you request samples from us or subscribe to our mailing list, we may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications by following the instructions in the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below or by following the instructions at the bottom of each email from us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Micro Powders, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Micro Powders, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Micro Powders, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Micro Powders. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Micro Powders to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or by following the opt-out instructions at the bottom of each promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Micro Powders as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
Residents of the European Economic Area and the UK may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see European Economic Area and UK Privacy Rights for more information about those rights and how to exercise them.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We will only keep your information, including any personal information, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, to comply with our legal obligations, or to enforce our legal rights (or as required so others may enforce their legal rights).
Generally, the length of time we keep your information will depend on the type of information and the purpose for which we are processing it. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we are processing it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
At the end of the appropriate retention period, we will either delete your information from our systems completely or anonymize it so it can be used without identifying you and so we no longer have the ability to re-associate the anonymized information with you in the future, such as by aggregating the information.
If you would like more information about our retention practices, please contact us using the contact information provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
Micro Powers, Inc.
580 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591 USA
European Economic Area and UK Privacy Rights
Subject to local law, you can control your personal information in the following ways:
- You can request access to your personal information and obtain a copy of all personal information about you in Micro Powders’ possession;
- You can correct any errors in your personal information, or notify Micro Powders of any changes to your personal information;
- In certain situations, you can request that Micro Powders erase, block, or restrict access to your personal information;
- In certain situations, you can object to the particular ways in which Micro Powders is using your personal information; and
- In certain situations, you can also request that Micro Powders send your personal information to a third party.
When you contact Micro Powders to exercise any of the privacy rights described above, please provide the following information:
- Your first and last name;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number; and,
- A brief description of your request, which can be based on the list of rights described above.
Micro Powders will make a reasonable effort to confirm your identity before processing your request in order to protect against disclosure of your information to a third party. This identity confirmation effort may come directly from us or from a trusted vendor.
The personal information you submit with your request will only be used to process your request, though Micro Powders may store information relating to your request for up to 60 days in case you have additional inquiries.
Any contact information provided in connection with a request to exercise your rights related to your personal information will not be used for direct marketing purposes and will not be shared with others unless necessary to verify your identity and complete your request.
Micro Powders will do its best to respond to your request as soon as possible, and, in any event, no later than 30 days after receiving your request. Please note that making multiple requests at one time may delay the processing of your request. If additional time is required to complete your request, Micro Powders will contact you within information regarding the delay.
In certain circumstances, some requests may need to be fulfilled in a logical order. For example, if you request to see what information Micro Powders has about you and at the same time request that Micro Powders erase your personal information, Micro Powders will first provide you with access to your personal information, before asking you to confirm your request to delete that information.
In some circumstances, Micro Powders may not be able to comply with your requests relating to your personal information. In those cases, Micro Powders will respond as soon as possible, explain why we are not able to comply, and provide information about how you can object to the relevant Supervisory Authorities if you think our continued use is improper.